Now that the newsletter has been created, you’re ready to add your articles. There are two ways to do this:
- The Quick Add Article button will allow you to create the article, format your content, and link the article to the newsletter.
Note: Make sure the Publish Date is set to a time in the past to ensure you’ll be able to preview it online.
- Similarly, you can add articles by navigating to the Content side menu item, selecting Articles and clicking New Article. This will take you to a more complete version of the same page as the above method.
The latter is a more indirect way of adding articles, and as such, there are a few more steps.
- Log in to your Control Centre and select the Content tab.
- Once expanded, select Articles.
- Click the New Article button at the top of the page.
- The Title field will display as the main heading for your article.
- Set the Publish Date to a time in the past to ensure you’ll be able to preview it online.
Note: If applicable, set the Closing Date to when you would like the article to disappear from the newsletter.
- Click the Linked Newsletters box and select the newsletter issue relevant to your article.
- Click the Linked Streams box and select the Stream for this newsletter.
Note: This will likely be named School Newsletter.
When linking an article to multiple newsletters, any changes made to that article will reflect across every newsletter it has been linked to.
Only utilise the 'Linked Newsletters' option when the content is identical in all linked newsletters.
If the content is similar but not identical, then use the 'Copy' button to create a duplicate of the content. This will allow you to edit the content of the duplicate article without effecting any previously published newsletters.
For additional information on how to format your content and add media such as galleries and videos using the content window and toolbar, please click see the guide below.
Click here for Information on Navigating the Toolbar & Content Window