If your newsletter is sent to your community via an internal distribution process rather than through the Schoolzine Control Centre, there are a few things to be aware of.
You will not need to import a database. The only contacts that will need to be subscribed via the Schoolzine system to receive the newsletter are those who will be forwarding the email on to the community.
Bear in mind that there will be no way for you to monitor open rates through the Control Centre
Approving the Newsletter
- Log in to your Control Centre and select the Newsletters menu tab.
- Once expanded, select SZ Newsletters.
- In the Recently Edited section, locate the newsletter you wish to approve.
- Click the Manage pencil icon on the right-hand side under Actions.
- Select the Approve Newsletter button.
- In the Approve Newsletter pop up window, confirm that the Send Date and Send Time are correct.
Note: The Send Date is set automatically from your Distribution Dates, the Send Time is set automatically from your publication settings.
- If you do not need to make any changes to your campaign before it is sent to your inbox, you can select Auto send without review. This will schedule your campaign for the set Send Date and Time.
Note: If the Send Date and Time has already passed, the campaign will distribute straight away.
- If you need to make any changes to your campaign before it is sent to your inbox, you can select Review before distribution. This will create the campaign and then allow you to make any necessary changes, such as DIY amendments, custom email subject or content, and custom app content. Once you have made all of your changes, you can then send the campaign.
|PLEASE NOTE: If you select Review before distribution, you will need to make sure you send the system created campaign, rather than making your own campaign, otherwise your newsletter will not be archived.
Check the Newsletter URL
To ensure the newsletter URL is correct:
- Select the newsletter URL in your forwarded email.
- Right click on the URL and select Edit Hyperlink.
- Copy the URL from Text to display and paste it in the Address field.
Remove the Unsubscribe Link
Before forwarding the newsletter to your contacts, it’s very important that the unsubscribe link is removed. If it is not removed and a recipient clicks on it, it will unsubscribe your email from receiving the newsletter.
Recipients can also go back and click on this link from a previous email, so always ensure you delete it.